What Are The Legacy Awards?
The SNGCSA Legacy Awards competition offers education aid to the children and grandchildren of SNGCSA members. Awards of $1000.00 each are funded by the Scholarship & Research Tournament and administered by The Southern Nevada Golf Course Superintendents Association.
Applications will be reviewed by SNGCSA Board and Scholarship Committee. All decisions of the committee will be final. Applicants will be notified of their status by mail by August 15th for the Fall Semester and February 15th for the Spring Semester of the year submitted. All scholarship award checks will be made payable to the applicant or his/her educational institution.
About The Awards
One or more of the applicant’s parents or grandparents must have been a GCSAA member for five or more consecutive years and must be a currently active SNGCSA member in one of the following classifications: Affiliate, Superintendent Class A or SM, Retired. The competition is open to natural or adoptive offspring of SNGCSA members. Children or grandchildren of deceased members are also eligible if the member was active at the time of his or her death.
2. The student must be enrolled full-time at an accredited institution of higher learning, or in the case of high school seniors, must be accepted at such an institution for the next academic year. Graduating high school seniors must attach a letter of acceptance to their application.
3. Past winners are eligible to apply the following year.
4. Although any number of students from the same family may apply, only one student per family will be eligible to receive an award.
Criteria for Selection:
1. Applicants will be evaluated based on academic achievement, extracurricular and community involvement, leadership and outside employment.
2. The student must submit an original essay of up to 500 words. The essay must be original and not previously submitted to SNGCSA.
Financial need is not a factor in the selection.
How to Apply:
Students must complete and submit the attached application form and supply the following under one cover:
1. Transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended, including the most recent semester.
2. Typed original essay.
3. Graduating high school seniors must attach a collegiate letter of acceptance to their application.
4. All applications must be postmarked by July 15th or Jan 15th accordingly.
5. Send the packet to:
Southern Nevada GCSA
1750 N Rampart Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89128